On 03/08/19 21:07 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > >> Actually it looks like I was wrong about using add-function with >> choose-completion-string-functions, it's just a plain list you stick >> functions into. I think it has to be an error not to declare it >> buffer-local... I've worked around this with `make-local-variable', but >> I'm halfway sure this should be a defvar-local...? > > The two uses in the Emacs code-base use add-hook without LOCAL. > completing-read-multiple and ido-common-initialization. You're right, I was misinterpreting the code and comments as saying the functions should be buffer local, when it just meant they *could* be buffer local. I'll use add-hook with LOCAL. So never mind! But I'd still like to add something like the attached, as functions following the current docstring will raise an error. Eric