"Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >>> From: Eric Abrahamsen >>> Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:59:41 -0700 >>> >>> > So it's a bug. >>> >>> The value of `mail-header-separator' gets added to >>> `message-font-lock-keywords', which does the actual fontification. Using >>> setq to change the value of `mail-header-separator' did not change the >>> font lock keyword, despite setting the variable before message.el is >>> loaded (or is it pre-loaded?). Using the customize interface to set >>> `mail-header-separator' *does* work as expected. >> >> Right. So I don't think there's a bug here. > > Actually, I think message-font-lock-keywords can do better: [...] > This is similar to what mail-font-lock-keywords does in > lisp/mail/sendmail.el, namely adapt the font lock keywords to changes in > mail-header-separator. For reasons explained elsewhere in this thread, I think the current behaviour is a shortcoming, even if it's not considered a bug. I would like to push my patch which addresses this, and which I reattach for convenience. WDYT? Thanks, -- Basil