all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#39789: eieio Info misspells slot name in eieio-instance-tracker
@ 2020-02-25 16:05 akater
From: akater @ 2020-02-25 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 39789

I'm using Emacs 28 from git master.

Excerpt from EIEIO entry in Info Directory:
> Sometimes it is useful to keep a master list of all instances of a
> given class.  The class ‘eieio-instance-tracker’ performs this task.

>  -- Class: eieio-instance-tracker tracker-symbol
>      Enable instance tracking for this class.  The slot TRACKER-SYMBOL
>      should be initialized in inheritors of this class to a symbol
>      created with ‘defvar’.  This symbol will serve as the variable used
>      as a master list of all objects of the given class.

At the moment, eieio-instance-tracker is defined in eieio-base with slot
named

> TRACKING-SYMBOL

not

> TRACKER-SYMBOL

EIEIO entry in Info Directory should thus be patched to refer to slot's
actual name `tracking-symbol'. These are the only two mentions of the
slot in eieio.info.bz2

* bug#39789: eieio Info misspells slot name in eieio-instance-tracker
@ 2020-02-26 17:20 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-02-26 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akater; +Cc: 39789

akater <nuclearspace@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using Emacs 28 from git master.
>
> Excerpt from EIEIO entry in Info Directory:
>> Sometimes it is useful to keep a master list of all instances of a
>> given class.  The class ‘eieio-instance-tracker’ performs this task.
>
>>  -- Class: eieio-instance-tracker tracker-symbol
>>      Enable instance tracking for this class.  The slot TRACKER-SYMBOL
>>      should be initialized in inheritors of this class to a symbol
>>      created with ‘defvar’.  This symbol will serve as the variable used
>>      as a master list of all objects of the given class.
>
> At the moment, eieio-instance-tracker is defined in eieio-base with slot
> named
>
>> TRACKING-SYMBOL
>
> not
>
>> TRACKER-SYMBOL
>
> EIEIO entry in Info Directory should thus be patched to refer to slot's
> actual name `tracking-symbol'. These are the only two mentions of the
> slot in eieio.info.bz2

This would be easy enough to fix -- we're doing documentation fixes on
the 27 branch, right?

* bug#39789: eieio Info misspells slot name in eieio-instance-tracker
@ 2020-02-26 18:01   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-02-26 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 39789, eric, nuclearspace

On February 26, 2020 5:20:22 PM GMT, Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:
> akater <nuclearspace@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm using Emacs 28 from git master.
> >
> > Excerpt from EIEIO entry in Info Directory:
> >> Sometimes it is useful to keep a master list of all instances of a
> >> given class.  The class ‘eieio-instance-tracker’ performs this
> task.
> >
> >>  -- Class: eieio-instance-tracker tracker-symbol
> >>      Enable instance tracking for this class.  The slot
> TRACKER-SYMBOL
> >>      should be initialized in inheritors of this class to a symbol
> >>      created with ‘defvar’.  This symbol will serve as the variable
> used
> >>      as a master list of all objects of the given class.
> >
> > At the moment, eieio-instance-tracker is defined in eieio-base with
> slot
> > named
> >
> >> TRACKING-SYMBOL
> >
> > not
> >
> >> TRACKER-SYMBOL
> >
> > EIEIO entry in Info Directory should thus be patched to refer to
> slot's
> > actual name `tracking-symbol'. These are the only two mentions of
> the
> > slot in eieio.info.bz2
>
> This would be easy enough to fix -- we're doing documentation fixes on
> the 27 branch, right?

Yes, thanks.

* bug#39789: eieio Info misspells slot name in eieio-instance-tracker
@ 2020-02-26 20:48     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-02-26 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 39789-done, nuclearspace

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> On February 26, 2020 5:20:22 PM GMT, Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:
>> akater <nuclearspace@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > I'm using Emacs 28 from git master.
>> >
>> > Excerpt from EIEIO entry in Info Directory:
>> task.

>> TRACKER-SYMBOL
>> used
>> >
>> > At the moment, eieio-instance-tracker is defined in eieio-base with
>> slot
>> > named

>> > not

>> > EIEIO entry in Info Directory should thus be patched to refer to
>> slot's
>> > actual name `tracking-symbol'. These are the only two mentions of
>> the
>> > slot in eieio.info.bz2
>>
>> This would be easy enough to fix -- we're doing documentation fixes on
>> the 27 branch, right?
>
> Yes, thanks.

Done, thanks for reporting.

Eric