all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* A peek to the other side
@ 2022-02-22  7:11 emacsq via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: emacsq via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-02-22  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacsq via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I tried making a Visual Studio Code extension to see how it could be make more emacs-like if I had to use it for something.

If you didn't you don't know how lucky you are with the integrated Elisp manual. It doesn't have an integrated manual, you have to browse a huge HTML file to find some API call :

https://code.visualstudio.com/api/references/vscode-api

And as usual with APIs (unlike Emacs' open system) you can only access what the developers expose via the API which is very limiting compared to Emacs.
You can't change everything, so you don't shoot yourself in the foot. I prefer Emacs' approach where I can even break the system, which is a great learning experience.