Stefan Kangas writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> Discard all of the patches or just that 4/4 part? > > I think just the 4/4 part, indeed, so I've installed patches 1 and 3 on > emacs-30. Yep. I meant just the one part but of course you can always discard whatever you like :) > I think patch 2 should go to master, but it doesn't apply cleanly. > John, could you please rebase it and resend? Oops, I see now it included a bit of unrelated local changes. Here’s another try. I rebased it and checked that it applies to emacs-30 and master. Out of curiousity, what makes it unfit for the emacs-30 branch?