Juan Manuel MacĂ­as writes: [...] [...] > For a classical philologist (I am a classical philologist) That's interesting, if possible I'd appreciate you providing some input - Do you use archaic Greek letters, such as digamma or koppa? Is this essential to your workflow? - Do you use ligature letters, such as stigma? Is this essential to your workflow? - What are the reasons you prefer greek-ibycus4 over greek-babel (except beta code). > more than enough. For those who dedicate themselves to epigraphy, > papyrology or linguistics, it probably won't be enough. What I mean is > that with ibycus4 anyone, with the necessary patience, could write all > the tragedies of Aeschylus in GNU Emacs. Which makes it a legitimate > input method for writing polytonic Greek. I cannot speak for papyrologist or hardcore linguists. I just want to be able to write my mother tongue & do my work in Emacs, similarly to how I did in proprietary software, either that's writing the Gospels, replying to an email or chatting in IRC. You can type English texts using a Spanish dvorak keyboard, but I wouldn't call that keyboard as an English keyboard. It has extra letters that are not part of the English alphabet & the keys are not what your average user expects. A greek-polytonic input method should be 1:1 compatible with greek (same keys for letters & oxia), just with the addition of extra tonous, pneumata & ypogegrammeni. -- Thanos Apollo https://thanosapollo.org