all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using emacs-w3m as a previewer
@ 2004-09-06 10:01 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-09-06 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I write documents in Texinfo format that are intended to be
distributed as HTML.  I like to use emacs-w3m as a previewer.  So I
open two frames, one for editing the *.texi file and one for showing
the *w3m* buffer.

However, hitting R in the *w3m* buffer always teleports me to the
beginning of the buffer.

Is there a way to reload the HTML file without teleporting?

tia,
Kai

* Re: Using emacs-w3m as a previewer
       [not found] <mailman.1645.1094465790.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-09-06 10:57 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1660.1094473583.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-09-06 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> However, hitting R in the *w3m* buffer always teleports me to the
> beginning of the buffer.

> Is there a way to reload the HTML file without teleporting?

Try setting w3m-history-reuse-history-elements as t.  It changes
the behavior of emacs-w3m as it is mentioned in its docstring,
though.

* Re: Using emacs-w3m as a previewer
@ 2004-09-06 12:19   ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1660.1094473583.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-09-06 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Try setting w3m-history-reuse-history-elements as t.  It changes
> the behavior of emacs-w3m as it is mentioned in its docstring,
> though.

Cool.  I will see if I'm going to be confused by the new behavior.

@ 2004-09-07 10:42     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-09-07 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> Try setting w3m-history-reuse-history-elements as t.  It changes
>> the behavior of emacs-w3m as it is mentioned in its docstring,
>> though.

> Cool.  I will see if I'm going to be confused by the new behavior.

I've improved emacs-w3m so that it may always save the cursor
position when reloading even if you don't change that variable.
You can get it from the namazu CVS server, and the following
tarball is also available.

http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m/emacs-w3m.tar.gz?tarball=1