all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Why have both `random' and `cl-random'?
@ 2024-02-09  3:49 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2024-02-09  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

As far as I can tell from the doc strings, the user level funcionality
of the two is the same.  If there is a difference, I can't tell it from
those doc strings.  But they compute values in different ways

If there is no significant user-visible difference, could the two be merged?

If there is a significant raal user-visible difference, would people please
describe it in the doc strings, so a user can decide which one to use?