Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Juan José García-Ripoll >> It therefore seems that whatever issues are hiding in Emacs' support for >> GDB's new facilities for programming ("-i=mi" command line option and >> corresponding code in GUD). > > Yes, I suspected that. I think I have identified the problem. The code in Emacs assumes that all process output is going to be prefixed by @. This is only the case for truely asynchronous debugging (see https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/GDB_002fMI-Stream-Records.html#GDB_002fMI-Stream-Records). There seems to be code in gdb-mi.el for transforming the debugging experience into a remote one, such as gdb-inferior-io--init-proc, which aims to redirect the subprocess to a tty, but this seems to have no effect on Windows. Indeed, if once sets a tracepoint around gud-filter and gud-gdbmi-marker-filter, the output is very different on Linux and on Windows (see text files attached). Linux has successfully redirected the output of the debugged subprocess, while the MSYS2 process gets the output of the process mixed with GDB output. I am a bit stuck. I assume I should simply use the old gud-gdb interface. -- Juan José García Ripoll http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com http://quinfog.hbar.es