all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* case insensitive project-find-file
@ 2024-08-05 23:15 Nafiz Islam
From: Nafiz Islam @ 2024-08-05 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there an option for case-insensitive search with project-find-file?

* Re: case insensitive project-find-file
@ 2024-08-07  3:52 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2024-08-07  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nafiz Islam; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Nafiz Islam <nafiz.islam1000@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there an option for case-insensitive search with
> project-find-file?

If use the default tab completion in the minibuffer during
project-find-file it is case-insensitive.

Is that enough?

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: case insensitive project-find-file
@ 2024-08-09  1:31   ` Nafiz Islam
From: Nafiz Islam @ 2024-08-09  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> If use the default tab completion in the minibuffer during
project-find-file it is case-insensitive.

It did not work even with the "--no-init" flag.
For example, I was looking for a file named sqUnixSocket.c. So, I tried
'squnixsocket-TAB' and it failed, but it works when I try
'sqUnixSocket-TAB'.

@ 2024-08-09  1:33     ` Nafiz Islam
From: Nafiz Islam @ 2024-08-09  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Should be noted that I'm using Emacs 29.4

@ 2024-08-12  9:18     ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2024-08-12  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nafiz Islam; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Nafiz Islam <nafiz.islam1000@gmail.com> writes:

>> If use the default tab completion in the minibuffer during
>> project-find-file it is case-insensitive.
>
> It did not work even with the "--no-init" flag.
> For example, I was looking for a file named sqUnixSocket.c. So,
> I tried 'squnixsocket-TAB' and it failed, but it works when I
> try 'sqUnixSocket-TAB'.

Do you have any completion customisations that might be relevant?
For example what is the value of
read-file-name-completion-ignore-case?

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: case insensitive project-find-file
@ 2024-08-12 12:17       ` Nafiz Islam
From: Nafiz Islam @ 2024-08-12 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> what is the value of read-file-name-completion-ignore-case
It was currently `nil'. I've set it to `t', and it actually works even with
icomplete. Thanks!