all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* file metadata
@ 2024-10-11 22:22 Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2024-10-11 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I have a bunch of files in various project that have non-descriptive names, but I don't want to change the file names, nor the file contents. It would be nice if there was some way I could display my own description of the file next to the the file listing, say in dired. Do we have any kind of extension, ideally with dired integration, that provides some of kind of file metadata system, or interacts with a third party metadata system?

--
📛 Christopher Howard
🚀 gemini://gem.librehacker.com

בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ