all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* new unwanted edit to .emacs with Emacs 25
@ 2019-04-18 23:17 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-04-18 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

This is added to my ~/.emacs despite me
deleting it. (Or actually it seems to appear
especially after me deleting it :))

I don't know what the purpose of the code is
but do tell and I'll add it, only my way.

Also please tell me how to prohibit Emacs from
altering my Emacs?

PS. I don't play chess BTW. DS.

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(package-selected-packages
   (quote
    (w3m yasnippet slime google-translate flycheck company cobol-mode chess ascii-art-to-unicode))))
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: new unwanted edit to .emacs with Emacs 25
@ 2019-04-18 23:43 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2019-04-18 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

> Also please tell me how to prohibit Emacs from
> altering my Emacs?

Put this in your emacs.el:

(setq custom-file ".get-off-my-lawn.el")

* Re: new unwanted edit to .emacs with Emacs 25
@ 2019-04-19  0:03   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-04-19  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

>> Also please tell me how to prohibit Emacs
>> from altering my Emacs?
>
> Put this in your emacs.el:
>
> (setq custom-file ".get-off-my-lawn.el")

*laughter*

Thanks :)