This looks good, but there's still a question. `file-precious-flag` is handled by `basic-save-buffer`. This is a large function designed for daily save usage, it will touch recentf and vc. But for a cache/persistent file, we don't want to make big noise, we just want to save it silently. We may need something like (write-region nil nil "XXXX" nil nil) Can we simplify this case? Andreas Schwab writes: > There is already file-precious-flag. > > Andreas. -- Retrieve my public GPG key: https://meta.sr.ht/~citreu.pgp Zihao