Eli Zaretskii writes: > Is this in the MSYS Bash? I meant inside Emacs. I tried all of the following: 1) Started Msys bash by clicking on mingw64.exe 2) Made a test.bat containing msys2_shell.cmd -mingw64 -mintty 3) At Windows cmd, typed bash -c 'MSYSTEM=MINGW64 exec /usr/bin/bash --login -i' How do you start Msys? > I have none of these. Windows runtime ignores these variables, but > maybe MSYS2 Hunspell doesn't. What happens if you set LC_ALL=C and > try your recipe again? I set that in .bash_profile with the combinations mentioned above, but no avail. I'm out of ideas, but since it works for you, the problem must be at my end. For now, I will downgrade Hunspell and keeping searching. Many thanks again for looking at this. While we're at it, if found a small typo in the doc-string of `ispell-buffer-with-debug', patch is attached. Best, Arash