all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#34790: LaTeX mode \href bug
@ 2019-03-08 22:51 Nathan Ullberg
From: Nathan Ullberg @ 2019-03-08 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 34790

Hi!

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this but:

When editing in LaTeX mode in Emacs, if an href link has a percent sign,
it will display the rest of the line as if it were a comment.
Everything still "compiles" correctly, but in terms of the "visual
effect", it is wrong, since percent signs in the link should not give
the impression of "commenting out" the rest of the line.
Here is an example:

This is what actually happens:
*\href{https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner%E2%80%93Seitz_cell}{Wigner-Seitz
cell}*

This is how it should be:
*\href{https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner%E2%80%93Seitz_cell}{Wigner-Seitz
cell}*

Could someone forward this report/query to the right location...
(Also, in case it's relevant I'm using Emacs 25.2.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.2
GNU/Linux.)

Best,
/Nathan

* bug#34790: LaTeX mode \href bug
@ 2019-03-16 21:41 ` Arash Esbati
From: Arash Esbati @ 2019-03-16 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Ullberg; +Cc: 34790

Nathan Ullberg <nathan.ullberg@gmail.com> writes:

> I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this but:

Hi Nathan,

I presume you're using AUCTeX.  In that case, the correct list is
bug-auctex@gnu.org.

> When editing in LaTeX mode in Emacs, if an href link has a percent
> sign, it will display the rest of the line as if it were a comment.
> Everything still "compiles" correctly, but in terms of the "visual
> effect", it is wrong, since percent signs in the link should not give
> the impression of "commenting out" the rest of the line.

Thanks for catching this.  I've added to patch to hyperref.el fixing
this issue[1].  As an intermediate solution, you can add the following
lines to your init file until the next release of AUCTeX:

    (with-eval-after-load "hyperref"
      (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "href")
      (font-latex-update-font-lock t))

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/?id=fcaef6bab89e6a629d60f1b43038a2433e34fbd5

* bug#34790: LaTeX mode \href bug
@ 2019-04-01 19:15   ` Arash Esbati
From: Arash Esbati @ 2019-04-01 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 34790-done

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Thanks for catching this.  I've added to patch to hyperref.el fixing
> this issue[1].  As an intermediate solution, you can add the following
> lines to your init file until the next release of AUCTeX:
>
>     (with-eval-after-load "hyperref"
>       (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "href")
>       (font-latex-update-font-lock t))

Following up myself, this was an AUCTeX issue which is resolved.  Hence
I'm closing this report.

Best, Arash