all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Navigating Mode-Specific Language Tokens
@ 2010-01-13 10:33 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2010-01-13 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Has anyone written a function for navigating/iterating/forward/
backward mode-specifc (lexical) language tokens?

I always get frustrated when I navigate C-syntax-styled code in Emacs
after being used to the elegant way of navigating expression-list-
trees in lisp-mode.

I really believe the coding experience of Emacs would be enhanced
greatly enhanced in these cc-like modes if we had forward/backward-
token(). I think I would bind to M-f/b.

The function semantic-flex or semantic-lex-c-... can be used do the
job but how do I know at what character to start the first time I do
forward/backward-token?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

* Re: Navigating Mode-Specific Language Tokens
@ 2010-01-13 16:44 ` Glauber Alex Dias Prado
From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado @ 2010-01-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nordlöw; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone written a function for navigating/iterating/forward/
> backward mode-specifc (lexical) language tokens?

It is called languide and is part of versor:
http://emacs-versor.sourceforge.net/