Paul Eggert writes: > Joseph Mingrone wrote: >> 2. We could add a dependency on GNU mailutils. > That sounds like it's the easiest fix. These days GNU mailutils is recommended anyway, as Emacs's own movemail program retrieves POP3 email only via insecure channels. Sounds good, I will add that dependency. However, it looks like I was mistaken. Also depending on mailutils does not fix the issue with liblockfile installed and supplying the --without-x argument to configure. Should both mailutils and liblockfile be added as dependencies? In any case, it still seems like there is a problem with the configure script. Shouldn't it be finding the installed maillock.h and be able to link against the lockfile shared library? Thanks, Joseph