Mattias Engdegård writes: > 30 mars 2023 kl. 14.18 skrev Arsen Arsenović : > >> As an example, the compiler is free to, for instance, vectorize a loop, >> emitting instructions that very much have alignment checking even on >> x86 (the loop in question is very much parallelizable and vectorizable, >> as it feels like a textbook example of such operations). > > If only. Then we wouldn't have this problem, would we. Free to, not required to ;) Thanks for pushing your patch. I'm still unsure if the machine specific knowledge here helps, but this is an improvement nonetheless. Have a lovely day. -- Arsen Arsenović