all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#72264: Default project-mode-line-format missing a quote (Emacs 30 prep)
@ 2024-07-24  0:44 Ship Mints
From: Ship Mints @ 2024-07-24  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 72264

In progmodes/project.el, I believe the face reference, below, needs a quote.

(defun project-mode-line-format ()
  "Compose the project mode-line."
       (propertize
        (project-name project)
        'face project-mode-line-face
*        'face 'project-mode-line-face ; should be quoted?*
        'local-map project-mode-line-map)))))

I hope I got that right. I've been using a custom project-mode-line-format
and custom project-mode-line-face which is how I noticed this.

Stephane

* bug#72264: Default project-mode-line-format missing a quote (Emacs 30 prep)
@ 2024-07-24 10:39 ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2024-07-24 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ship Mints; +Cc: 72264

Ship Mints <shipmints@gmail.com> writes:

> In progmodes/project.el, I believe the face reference, below, needs a quote.
>
> (defun project-mode-line-format ()
>   "Compose the project mode-line."
>        (propertize
>         (project-name project)
>         'face project-mode-line-face
> *        'face 'project-mode-line-face ; should be quoted?*

project-mode-line-face is a variable that may contain a face, but the
symbol itself doesn't designate a face.  Just check the definition a few
lines above.

>         'local-map project-mode-line-map)))))
>
> I hope I got that right. I've been using a custom project-mode-line-format
> and custom project-mode-line-face which is how I noticed this.

How did you define your custom `project-mode-line-face'?

--
	Philip Kaludercic on peregrine

* bug#72264: Default project-mode-line-format missing a quote (Emacs 30 prep)
@ 2024-07-24 11:59   ` Ship Mints
From: Ship Mints @ 2024-07-24 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: 72264

Gotcha. I didn't realize the indirection. Changed my definition and it
works. Thank you for looking at this. I know these kinds of reports seem
like noise. Please close.

-s

@ 2024-07-24 12:31     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-07-24 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ship Mints; +Cc: philipk, 72264-done

> Cc: 72264@debbugs.gnu.org
> From: Ship Mints <shipmints@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 07:59:28 -0400
>
> Gotcha. I didn't realize the indirection. Changed my definition and it works. Thank you for looking at this. I
> know these kinds of reports seem like noise. Please close.

Done.