Jim Porter wrote: > On 6/9/2024 5:23 AM, James Thomas via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the > Swiss army knife of text editors wrote: >> This is a patch that I think is simple enough to forgo the extensive >> testing which it hasn't been subjected to. > > Thanks for the patch. > >> + :history-position >> + (cl-position >> + (elt history eww-history-position) >> + rval :test #'eww-desktop-history-duplicate)))) > > Two questions here: > > 1. Is that the right test function? I'd have expected 'eq', since we > want to find the position where our history index has moved to, right? > > 2. Should this part check for 'eww-desktop-remove-duplicates' too? If > that option is nil, I think we could avoid the 'cl-position' call. Or > maybe lift the 'eww-desktop-remove-duplicates' call outside of the > 'list' and just construct two totally different lists in the THEN/ELSE > blocks. Here's an updated patch, which I've tested somewhat: