all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Company Eclim remove-if error
@ 2014-12-06 19:10 typedeph .
From: typedeph . @ 2014-12-06 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello, I'm a beginner in emacs and have been having trouble setting up this
emacs eclim package for a while. Although I think I have successfully set
up eclim I am unable to make company work for it. I have tried to follow
the instructions on the emacs-eclim website as best as possible: install
eclim, launch the eclimd server, install emacs-eclim and set up
emacs-eclim. As I am a beginner my init.el is very short:
(add-to-list 'package-archives
         '("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/"))
(add-to-list 'package-archives
         '("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/"))
(package-initialize)

(require 'evil)
(evil-mode 1)

(setq c-default-style "bsd"
      c-basic-offset 4)

(require 'company)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'global-company-mode)

(custom-set-variables
 '(eclim-eclipse-dirs '("~/Apps/eclipse"))
 '(eclim-exectuable "~/Apps/eclipse/eclimd"))
(setq eclimd-default-workspace "~/workspace")

(require 'eclim)
(require 'company-emacs-eclim)
(company-emacs-eclim-setup)

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I get an error the minute I add
(company-emacs-eclim-setup)

* Re: Company Eclim remove-if error
@ 2014-12-07  0:34 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2014-12-07  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: typedeph .; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

"typedeph ." <typedeph@gmail.com> writes:

> (require 'eclim)
> (require 'company-emacs-eclim)
> (company-emacs-eclim-setup)
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I get an error the minute I add
> (company-emacs-eclim-setup)

Looks the same as https://github.com/senny/emacs-eclim/issues/95.

To work around it, try adding

(require 'cl)

to your init file before `company-emacs-eclim-setup' call.

* Re: Company Eclim remove-if error
@ 2014-12-08  7:11   ` typedeph
From: typedeph @ 2014-12-08  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Thank you very much it worked.

* Re: Company Eclim remove-if error
@ 2015-02-11 17:03 ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-02-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: typedeph .; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I'm surprised you got as far as you did.  Apparently marmellade repo is
no longer accessible with I think emacs 24.5 which I thnk is current
version in archlinux.  A step you forgot which should produce the
inaccessible error I've just described is to do m-xlist-packages once
emacs is running.  Find that package you tried installing and hit i on
it to install it locally then hit x to do the install.  Finally hit q to
leave list-packages and return to emacs.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Twitter: @JudeDaShiell