all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to tell emacs where my .emacs file is
@ 2004-06-10 19:21 Eklund.Christopher
From: Eklund.Christopher @ 2004-06-10 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using emacs 21.3 on WindowsXP, and I can't print.

I noticed when I change the PS Printer Name Option in Customization,
that emacs can't save an output file -- "permission denied".   (I don't
have administrative privileges to write to the C: drive.)  Assuming this
is why I can't print, how do I tell emacs to put any files in folder
D:\chris ?

Chris Eklund
eklund.christopher@epa.gov

* Re: how to tell emacs where my .emacs file is
@ 2004-06-11  6:00 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-06-11  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eklund.Christopher@epamail.epa.gov writes:

> I noticed when I change the PS Printer Name Option in Customization,
> that emacs can't save an output file -- "permission denied".   (I don't
> have administrative privileges to write to the C: drive.)  Assuming this
> is why I can't print, how do I tell emacs to put any files in folder
> D:\chris ?

Set the environment variable HOME ($HOME?  %HOME%?  I think you know
what I mean) to D:\chris.  Then start Emacs under this setting.

Kai