On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 19:50:10 +0200, Eli Zaretskii said: >> From: Ashish SHUKLA >> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 00:49:47 +0530 >> >> 1. Start: emacs -Q >> 2. Start emacs server: M-x server-start >> 3. In an xterm instance (in my case TERM=xterm-256color), do: emacsclient -t >> 4. In emacsclient session, do C-x C-f to get a 'Find file:' prompt. >> 5. Now I see emacsclient session started flickering with following 'truss' output: > Thanks. Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to reproduce this with the > Emacs configurations to which I have access. One thing I couldn't try > was a GUI session that also has a TTY frame created by "emacsclient -t", > I could only try a TTY session in which another TTY frame on a > different terminal was created by emacsclient. Maybe this is the > crucial difference: do you see the same problem when Emacs that runs > the server is started with -nw? It doesn't happen with 'emacs -nw', only with X11. > Did this problem appear lately, or do you see it in previous versions > as well (e.g., on the emacs-24 branch)? If this only appeared > recently, could you perhaps bisect to find the commit which caused > this? As, I only recently started to use Emacs like this, it became noticeable, but I don't remember encountering it before when multi-tty support was introduced. I've couple of old Emacs 24.3.50, and Emacs ~23.x packages. I can give them a shot. > Also, would you be ready to run Emacs under a debugger and look around > where I suggest you to? Sure. Thanks -- Ashish SHUKLA “They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” (Benjamin Franklin) Sent from my Emacs