all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* help with calc (TeX-language-mode)
@ 2005-02-15  1:38 Adam Duck
From: Adam Duck @ 2005-02-15  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I don't know where to ask, so I start here.

In TeX I deffed an '\aidmatrix' which is essentially like '\matrix'
but sets '\left(' and '\right)' around it.  Anyways, to use it, I
inserted the following code into `TeX-Mode Syntax Table':

"\\aidmatrix{" # ")" := #1

But this doesn't work; it tells me:

"Expected a number" and my cursor stops after "\a".  So, what now?  If
I mark only the # - i.e. "\aidmatrix{ | 0.1 & 0.2 | }" between the two
bars - everything works as expected.

bye, Adam.

* Re: help with calc (TeX-language-mode)
       [not found] <mailman.2182.1108439562.2841.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-02-15  5:53 ` Jay Belanger
From: Jay Belanger @ 2005-02-15  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In TeX I deffed an '\aidmatrix' which is essentially like '\matrix'
> but sets '\left(' and '\right)' around it.  Anyways, to use it, I
> inserted the following code into `TeX-Mode Syntax Table':
>
> "\\aidmatrix{" # ")" := #1
>
> But this doesn't work;

You want the # to match more than one item.  If you want it to work
with different sized matrices, try

"\\aidmatrix{" { { # }*, }*; ) := #1

Jay

* Re: help with calc (TeX-language-mode)
@ 2005-02-15  8:21   ` Adam Duck
From: Adam Duck @ 2005-02-15  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jay Belanger <belanger@truman.edu> writes:

> You want the # to match more than one item.  If you want it to work
> with different sized matrices, try
>
> "\\aidmatrix{" { { # }*, }*; ) := #1

That's perfect, thanks!  Why didn't _I_ think of that? :(

bye, Adam.