all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to know is a buffer is a temporary one?
@ 2013-07-29 15:26 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-07-29 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I want to attach some code on first-change-hook, but I noticed *a lot* of
temporary buffers are created (and modified), hence my code running in many
situations where it doesn't need to.

So, is there a way for my code not to be applied for temp buffers? Function to
use in a `(when ...)' construct? Or do I have to look for the pattern `^ *' in
the name of the buffer (that is, a name beginning with a space and a star)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban