On Sun, Oct 13 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2024 19:12:50 -0500 >> Cc: 73775@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Adam Porter >> >> > Adam, any comments or suggestions? >> >> I may be mistaken, but this seems like a duplicate of bug#69454. > > II had a vague memory this was already discussed, but couldn't find > such a bug. Thanks for pointing this out. > > We seem to have dropped the ball on that one. Joost, would you please > rebase on the current master and resubmit? Here is the patch again, rebased on current master (or what was current master earlier today... :D ) As before, there are three patches, because they solve different issues that stood in the way of having empty vtables. I could squash them into one, of course. Also, the documentation and NEWS update are separate. Regards, Joost -- Joost Kremers Life has its moments