all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "Auto" version control.
@ 2004-08-02 18:02 artist
From: artist @ 2004-08-02 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
 I have serverA and serverB.
 serverA pushes same type of file(s) to serverB daily.

  How do serverB can maintain version control of the above mentioned
file(s). using emacs.

Thanks.!

* Re: "Auto" version control.
@ 2004-08-07 16:52 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-08-07 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

aartist@gmail.com (artist) writes:

>  I have serverA and serverB.
>  serverA pushes same type of file(s) to serverB daily.
>
>   How do serverB can maintain version control of the above mentioned
> file(s). using emacs.

I've marked this message as unread several times now, to give me the
ability to come back to it again to reread it.

Alas, this hasn't helped: I still don't understand what you are trying
to do.

What you could do is to have serverB pull the file.  Then you can
write a shell script which does the following:

    co -l /the/file
    rsync the_server:/servers/file /the/file
    ci -u -m'Todays changes' /the/file

You run this shell script on server B.

But for some reason I think this is not what you're looking for.

Kai