all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Please Help
@ 2010-03-02 18:16 PKRakesh
From: PKRakesh @ 2010-03-02 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sir,
I am using Ubuntu 8.10 distribution and I am using Emacs 22 GTK. I
cannot able to find neither ~/.emacs file nor ~/.emacs.d/init.el in my
home folder. Where can I find the above file ?. Please give me a reply
as soon as possible.
                                      .....Thanks.
                                             Rakesh PK

* Re: Please Help
@ 2010-03-03  5:54 ` Nevo
From: Nevo @ 2010-03-03  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: PKRakesh; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

You could always create one if you cannot find, Emacs will check it during
start-up :)

On 3 March 2010 02:16, PKRakesh <rakeshkrishnanivas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sir,
> I am using Ubuntu 8.10 distribution and I am using Emacs 22 GTK. I cannot
> able to find neither ~/.emacs file nor ~/.emacs.d/init.el in my home folder.
> Where can I find the above file ?. Please give me a reply as soon as
> possible.
>                                     .....Thanks.
>                                            Rakesh PK

* Re: Please Help
@ 2010-03-04 16:34   ` Glauber Alex Dias Prado
From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado @ 2010-03-04 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Nevo; +Cc: PKRakesh, help-gnu-emacs

indeed it is not supposed to be there, you have to manually create it,
maybe depending on your distro it can be there already i think.