all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [google-translate] JSON readtable error
@ 2016-01-04 13:12 Andrey Tykhonov
From: Andrey Tykhonov @ 2016-01-04 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!

As you know, sometimes we get "JSON readtable error" the reason of
which are the changes to the format of a request for translation. And
`google-translate` needs appropriate changes when such situation
occurs.

Recently "JSON readtable error" have appeared again. And it still
actual for v0.11.2 version. I've just committed a fix to the
master. Please update `google-translate` to the v0.11.3.

@momomo5717 (https://github.com/momomo5717), thank you very much for
the provided patch!

* Re: [google-translate] JSON readtable error
@ 2016-01-04 14:06 ` Frank Haun
From: Frank Haun @ 2016-01-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 15:12:57 +0200, Andrey Tykhonov wrote:

> As you know, sometimes we get "JSON readtable error" the reason of
> which are the changes to the format of a request for translation. And
> `google-translate` needs appropriate changes when such situation
> occurs.
>
> Recently "JSON readtable error" have appeared again. And it still
> actual for v0.11.2 version. I've just committed a fix to the
> master. Please update `google-translate` to the v0.11.3.

Oh, thank you. I've planned a bug report. Will install soon the latest
version.

Frank

* Re: [google-translate] JSON readtable error
@ 2016-01-06  5:52 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2016-01-06  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:

> As you know, sometimes we get "JSON readtable error"
> the reason of which are the changes to the format of
> a request for translation. And `google-translate`
> needs appropriate changes when such
> situation occurs.
>
> Recently "JSON readtable error" have appeared again.
> And it still actual for v0.11.2 version. I've just
> committed a fix to the master. Please update
> `google-translate` to the v0.11.3.

I just updated it from MELPA. MELPA says version
20160104.328; the file .bump-version.el says 0.11.3 -
and most importantly, it *works*, so I suppose I got
the right thing :)

Thanks a lot! It is really a great thing to have.
As always (almost), I have some stuff to it - check it
out, and use it if you like it:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/translate.el

If the same thing can be achieved with options and
built-ins, of course, tell me.

Also: I get a couple of warnings when I install/update
from Emacs and MELPA. I suppose those aren't serious
as it works. But if they are superficial, it might be
a good idea to fix them as it probably will be a quick
fix. To have them reduces the confidence of the
software and is bad karma at the uncertain stage of
installation - or something! No, really.

Keep it up!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573