all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 30.0.91 pretest is available
@ 2024-09-11 22:42 Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2024-09-11 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello all!

The first pretest for what will be the 30.1 release of Emacs (the
extensible text editor) is now available at:

  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz

The tarball is signed; you can get the PGP signature file at:

  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz.sig

Please give it as much testing as you can.

As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
send a report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org with full details
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).

Thanks for helping to test Emacs.

--------------------------------------

To verify that the tarball is intact, download both the .sig and
the tarball, and run this command:

  gpg --verify emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.openpgp.org --recv-keys \
    12BB9B400EE3F77282864D18272B5C54E015416A

You can also run sha1sum or sha256sum and confirm that these
checksums match:

SHA1  emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz
d7cef700cde7406887e764458f7fb01b7968e479

SHA256  emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz
f107bb33ad634ffcffa031f923908a5a43c96b7235978dce55fea47958c50bfa

For a summary of changes in Emacs 30, see the etc/NEWS file in the
tarball; you can view it from Emacs by typing 'C-h n', or by clicking
Help->Emacs News from the menu bar.

You can also browse NEWS on-line using this URL:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/etc/NEWS?h=emacs-30

For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS
file.

For more information about Emacs, see:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs

Thanks!

  Andrea

* Re: Emacs 30.0.91 pretest is available
@ 2024-09-12  9:01 ` Ulrich Mueller
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2024-09-12  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Corallo; +Cc: emacs-devel

> The first pretest for what will be the 30.1 release of Emacs (the
> extensible text editor) is now available at:

>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz

Any particular reason why the series starts with .91 instead of .90
this time?

* Re: Emacs 30.0.91 pretest is available
@ 2024-09-12  9:08   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-09-12  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Mueller; +Cc: acorallo, emacs-devel

> From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 11:01:03 +0200

> > The first pretest for what will be the 30.1 release of Emacs (the
> > extensible text editor) is now available at:
>
> >   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz
>
> Any particular reason why the series starts with .91 instead of .90
> this time?

Boring technical reasons: the emacs-30.90 tag was pushed to Git
upstream several days ago, and making the tarball took all that time
because we had a problem to find and fix.

* Re: Emacs 30.0.91 pretest is available
@ 2024-09-12  9:40     ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2024-09-12  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Ulrich Mueller, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 11:01:03 +0200

>> > The first pretest for what will be the 30.1 release of Emacs (the
>> > extensible text editor) is now available at:
>>
>> >   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-30.0.91.tar.xz
>>
>> Any particular reason why the series starts with .91 instead of .90
>> this time?
>
> Boring technical reasons: the emacs-30.90 tag was pushed to Git
> upstream several days ago, and making the tarball took all that time
> because we had a problem to find and fix.

Yep, I'd be for removing the unused tag as well given we have not
published a corresponding tarball.

  Andrea