Hi all, I've been hacking a bit on some code that uses url.el to talk to a website which uses HTTP Basic authentication. I'm specifying the username/password combination in the URL itself, and yet `url-basic-auth' prompts me for my username and password. Fixing that looks potentially complicated, so I thought an incremental improvement would be for the prompts to pre-populate with the URL's username/password combo. A patch is attached that does just that. It would be great if this made it in before 22.2. Here's a ChangeLog entry: 2007-08-04 Edward O'Connor * url/url-auth.el (url-basic-auth): When prompting for username and password, default to the username and password in the URL.