all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Dired+ key bindings
@ 2015-07-30  8:32 Sebastien Vauban
       [not found] ` <mailman.7649.1438265856.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-07-30  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I've just noticed that one of Dired+ key bindings (`C-x F', bound to
`diredp-fileset') conflicts with the `find-function' (enabled via
`find-function-setup-keys').

Could Dired+ key bindings be made optional (not enabled by default), or
maybe local to the Dired mode map (if that makes sense)?  Thanks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* RE: Dired+ key bindings
@ 2015-07-30 14:17 ` Drew Adams
       [not found] ` <mailman.7649.1438265856.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-07-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban, help-gnu-emacs

> I've just noticed that one of Dired+ key bindings (`C-x F', bound to
> `diredp-fileset') conflicts with the `find-function' (enabled via
> `find-function-setup-keys').
>
> Could Dired+ key bindings be made optional (not enabled by default), or
> maybe local to the Dired mode map (if that makes sense)?  Thanks.

Done.  Thx.  I didn't realize that `find-function' had that
binding.  I've changed it from `C-x F' to `C-x C-M-f'.

There are 6 global key bindings that Dired+ makes:

C-x   D      - diredp-dired-union
C-x   E      - diredp-add-to-dired-buffer
C-x   C-M-f  - diredp-fileset
C-x 4 C-M-f  - diredp-fileset-other-window
C-x   R      - diredp-dired-recent-dirs
C-x 4 R      - diredp-dired-recent-dirs-other-window

These are not bindings for Dired mode.  They are global bindings
that set up a Dired buffer.  They are thus similar to the default
global bindings `C-x d', `C-x  4 d', `C-x  5 d', `C-x C-j', and
`C-x 4 j'.

* Re: Dired+ key bindings
       [not found] ` <mailman.7649.1438265856.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-07-30 14:35   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-07-30 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Drew Adams <drew.adams-QHcLZuEGTsvQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> I've just noticed that one of Dired+ key bindings (`C-x F', bound to
>> `diredp-fileset') conflicts with the `find-function' (enabled via
>> `find-function-setup-keys').
>>
>> Could Dired+ key bindings be made optional (not enabled by default), or
>> maybe local to the Dired mode map (if that makes sense)?  Thanks.
>
> Done.  Thx.  I didn't realize that `find-function' had that
> binding.  I've changed it from `C-x F' to `C-x C-M-f'.
>
> There are 6 global key bindings that Dired+ makes:
>
> C-x   D      - diredp-dired-union
> C-x   E      - diredp-add-to-dired-buffer
> C-x   C-M-f  - diredp-fileset
> C-x 4 C-M-f  - diredp-fileset-other-window
> C-x   R      - diredp-dired-recent-dirs
> C-x 4 R      - diredp-dired-recent-dirs-other-window
>
> These are not bindings for Dired mode.  They are global bindings
> that set up a Dired buffer.  They are thus similar to the default
> global bindings `C-x d', `C-x  4 d', `C-x  5 d', `C-x C-j', and
> `C-x 4 j'.

Thanks for your quick reaction!!

Best regards,
  Seb