On 2016-07-31 13:36, Nicolas Petton wrote: >> > That would remove the 'cl-lib dependence, one of the >> > arguments to not load 'seq at Emacs start up, AFAIK. >> > Does it have any sense? > > Unfortunately, cl-lib will always be required for the generic functions. > That said, what I would really like is to see `cl-defgeneric' and > `cl-defmethod' be renamed and moved to Elisp core, they are so useful > and powerful. Hmm. I don't think cl-defgeneric and cl-defmethods are in cl-lib, actually: they are part of cl-generic, which is already loaded at startup :) Cheers, Clément.