Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Arash Esbati >> Cc: 55930@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:23:28 +0200 >> > This again treats the two flavors of MinGW as equal, which I think is > not what we want. My suggestion is to make it shorter and more to the > point by saying something like > > We recommend that you use MinGW64, unless you need to build Emacs > for running on versions of MS-Windows before Windows 7. > > I see no reason to say more or give more detailed list of > considerations. Thanks for your comments. To be honest, I had the impression that Emacs is still treating the two MinGW flavors as equal. Having a clear preference makes thing much easier. >> Latest versions of GDB might refuse to load the init file for security >> reasons, unless you customize GDB; alternatively, use an explicit >> -@kbd{source ./gdbinit} command after entering GDB. >> -} in that directory, to define some extra commands for working with >> -lisp while debugging, and set up breakpoints to catch abnormal >> -aborts. >> +@kbd{source ./gdbinit} command after entering GDB. } in that >> +directory, to define some extra commands for working with lisp while >> +debugging, and set up breakpoints to catch abnormal aborts. > > This looks like unnecessary whitespace change, perhaps caused by > refilling the text? The newline before the closing "}" of @footnote > is deliberate and shouldn't be removed, as it makes it easier to > realize where the footnote ends. Thanks for catching this, it was indeed caused by refilling. >> @@ -1645,8 +1679,8 @@ Attachments with Gnus >> In your @env{HOME} directory create a file called @file{.mailcap}, >> with contents like the following: >> @example >> -application/zip "C:/Program Files/7-Zip/7zFM.exe" >> -video/* "C:/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe" >> +application/zip; "C:/Program Files/7-Zip/7zFM.exe" >> +video/*; "C:/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe" >> @end example > > Is that semi-colon really necessary? Did the Gnus syntax change? My reason for adding them is to catch up with emacs-mime.texi which uses semi-colon: @example image/*; gimp -8 %s audio/wav; wavplayer %s application/msword; catdoc %s ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.doc @end example The manuals should be in line. I can't say it the Gnus syntax changed somewhere. >> Another possibility is Hunspell, which is available from >> @uref{https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/?source=navbar, >> -the ezwinports site}. >> +the ezwinports site}. If you're using the MSYS2 distribution, you can >> +install a recent version of either GNU Aspell or Hunspell through the >> +package manager Pacman. @xref{Other useful ports}. > > Is Hunspell offered by MSYS2 a MinGW64 program or an MSYS program? If > the latter, we should at least warn people about potential issues with > I/O incompatibilities. It is the former: mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-hunspell 1.7.0-7. I'm attaching hopefully the final version. Once approved, I would prepare a patch incl. ChangeLog entry.