all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Regex to match underscore in function name in Python Mode?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 01:21:34 +0200	[thread overview]

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> My apologies for not replying sooner. I had
> originally posted the question to the
> gnu.emacs.help newsgroup and never saw any
> replies in it. Today I found the
> gmane.emacs.help groups with my OP [...]

This is what I have suspected for some time,
that by now gnu.emacs.help only gets a fraction
of the traffic, or perhaps none at all (makes
more sense) of the mailing list traffic.

Because very few people were using the NG, and
the translation never worked 100% anyway,
perhaps the mailing list people thought it to
be OK to discontinue it. If we ever hear about
it again, I suppose we should just tell people
not to use it.

The only mystery that remains is, if the OP
posted his OP to gnu.emacs.help, how did it end
up on the mailing list and the Gmane NG?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573