all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* multiple servers with ERC
@ 2017-08-15 14:26 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-08-15 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: erc-discuss

How can I use ERC to be connected to several
servers simultaneously?

I Googled it, and got several hits with pages
telling me it is a feature, but nowhere how one
is supposed to do it.

TIA

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: multiple servers with ERC
@ 2017-08-15 20:07 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2017-08-15 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ERC Discussion; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> On 15 Aug 2017, at 16:26, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> How can I use ERC to be connected to several
> servers simultaneously?
>
> I Googled it, and got several hits with pages
> telling me it is a feature, but nowhere how one
> is supposed to do it.

You just use M-x erc-select RET several times.
Note that you can even connect several times to the same server (use a different nickname).

--
__Pascal J. Bourguignon__

* Re: multiple servers with ERC
@ 2017-08-15 20:41   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-08-15 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erc-discuss; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> You just use M-x erc-select RET several
> times. Note that you can even connect several
> times to the same server (use a different
> nickname).

How nice to hear from you again :) Come back to
gmane.emacs.help as well!

Yes, I realized it was that simple:

(setq erc-server  "irc.freenode.net")
(setq erc-port    6667)