Eli Zaretskii writes: > Suggest to start a bug report and accumulate all the data there. Hi, I am seeing even more aggressive memory usage with recent master branch commits (at least I think this only started in the last month or so). Here is a screenshot that shows over 3 GB of RSS. https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs_memory.png This was running commit 06726f6 from today on 12.0-RELEASE-p8. I run Gnus, erc, look at an occasional PDF and edit text. I haven't visited any extremely large buffers recently. Garbage collection is happening, but it does not seem to help. But, when I call `garbage-collect' manually there will be a long pause if I haven't called it recently, then the memory will usually go down to something between 100 and 400 MB. I just ran your lisp snippet a few times within a minute or so and without really doing much it reports values between 36195 and 244723 and it seems to be growing. If there is an open bug, I will add this information. If there is not, I will open one. Regards, -- Joseph