all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* query: remapping a mouse press
@ 2018-08-23 20:58 allan gottlieb
From: allan gottlieb @ 2018-08-23 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am having trouble enabling mouse-wheel-tilt-scroll

Currently I have

    mouse-wheel-tilt-scroll is a variable defined in `mwheel.el'.
    Its value is t
    Original value was nil

Possibly it is because my logitech mouse has many buttons and tilting
the wheel generates mouse-6 and mouse-7, which are bound to scroll-down
and scroll-up.  I want to bind mouse-6 to scroll-left and tried several
variations on

   (define-key global-map <mouse-6> 'scroll-left)

but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
allan