On Apr 18, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Alin Soare wrote: > 2011/4/18 Stephen J. Turnbull > Alin Soare writes: > > > > look better: > > > > (define-key global-map [(meta up)] (lambda (&optional n) (interactive "P") > > (line-move-down (if (numberp n) (- n) -1)))) > > Yeah, sorry about that. > > > But, yes. You are right. > > > > Transpose-lines does the job, but not as I wish. > > Of course it doesn't. All defaults suck for somebody. That's what > .emacs is for. > > If you want to impose the burden of maintenance on the team, you need > to explain why your version is an improvement for a lot of people. > > I used the meta + up-down, using the model of spreadsheets of org-mode, that I use. It is the most convenient conbination for me. > > If I use C-x C-t, the cursor goes down, while the line goes up. I cannot move the line the second time. > > And this only transposes the line, not move the line. > > I need move, not transpose, and I cannot find this in emacs. I also use this functionality, but I get it from drag-stuff.el (not written by me) which has the advantage of being on http://tromey.com/elpa/ . It also has functionality for dragging words and region, though I rarely use it. The only problem it has (for me) is that it interferes with org-mode's M-up/down, but you can fix that by setting `drag-stuff-except-modes'. I have thought about adding the ability to drag defun's and such, but so far haven't taken the time. -Ivan