all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ERC: two bitlbee instances and /reconnect
@ 2014-12-08 23:25 Yury Bulka
From: Yury Bulka @ 2014-12-08 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Emacs community,

I need advice on using ERC. In short, here's the problem I have:

I run two instances of bitlbee on two different ports on my local
machine (the reason is that I want to use one but only one of by IM
accounts through tor).

When I connect to them with ERC, everything is fine, until I suspend the
laptop. After I resume, ERC reconnects to both bitlbee instances, but
instead of reusing the corresponding &bitlbee buffers, it creates new
ones like &bitlbee<3> and so on. During a single day it may spawn 6 or
more &bitlbee buffers this way.

I would really love to somehow eliminate the duplication of &bitlbee
buffers, but don't know where to start.

My erc-reuse-buffers is set to t.

Yuriy

* Re: ERC: two bitlbee instances and /reconnect
@ 2014-12-10 19:05 ` Bob Proulx
From: Bob Proulx @ 2014-12-10 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Yury Bulka; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Yury Bulka wrote:
> Dear Emacs community,
>
> I need advice on using ERC. In short, here's the problem I have:

I see there hasn't been any responses to your message here.  Emacs erc
is something I have fiddled with but haven't actively used therefore I
am interested but can add little.

The wiki docs for erc (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ErcBugs) say to
send email to the erc-discuss mailing list.  There are also wiki docs
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ERC) with more contact info.

Since there hasn't been anyone jump in here then I suggest you take
your questions there.

Good luck!
Bob