all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Returning Lists From Dynamic Module
@ 2024-07-11 13:10 Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2024-07-11 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I think I read something before about using cons in the manual, but now I
can't find it.  I was just wanting to return some alists to Elisp.  I'm
expecting I need to move some values over to Emacs managed memory while
consing them up according to the desired structure, but I don't know the
correct phrase / tools for either of these actions at a low level.

* Re: Returning Lists From Dynamic Module
@ 2024-07-11 14:02 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-07-11 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 22:10:53 +0900
>
> I think I read something before about using cons in the manual, but now I
> can't find it.  I was just wanting to return some alists to Elisp.  I'm
> expecting I need to move some values over to Emacs managed memory while
> consing them up according to the desired structure, but I don't know the
> correct phrase / tools for either of these actions at a low level.

I guess you'll need to call 'cons' via the env->intern and
env->funcall mechanism.  This is described in the ELisp manual, so I
suggest to read that.