John Wiegley writes: > If a volunteer is willing to give us code to support using lldb, does it then > become a question of which uses to _not facilitate_? That's really what I > reacting to. I totally understand not *making an effort* to support something > that might inhibit the growth of gdb; but if we're in the position of > receiving code to support lldb, then should the same argument be used to deny > its acceptance. Or is this not what you're saying? Such code to support LLDB exists. https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/emacs/files/extrapatch-lldb-gud.el?view=log It's available now for Emacs users on at least one (free) operating system.