all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Stop a macro from terminating on beep
@ 2009-04-01 22:51 kazza765
From: kazza765 @ 2009-04-01 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi

So, basically I'm trying to do what the title suggests. I have a macro that
searches through a file, finds an instance of the text I'm looking for, and
deletes the next three lines. I then have another macro that runs
\C-u10000000\C-[xname-of-macro \C-x\C-s\C-x\C-c , so I want it to exit after
tha macro is finished. This works fine in macros that don't cause a beep,
and I can run them using emacs -f name-of-macro, but the system beep that
occurs when this macro can't find any more matching patterns causes the
macro to abort, and doesn't execute the save and quit commands. Is there any
way around this? Or is there any better way to execute a search macro an
unknown number of times and still have emacs exit afterwards?

Thankyou,
John