all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* browsing files in huge projects emacs
@ 2013-09-27 10:48 anurag Ramdasan
From: anurag Ramdasan @ 2013-09-27 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey,

I have been using Vim for a while although I would shift to E..macs for Org-mode and Slime. When I end up working on a huge project with hundreds or even thousands of files, I found the nerdtree vim plugin to be the best thing to suit my ways. Also I find dired a little difficult to browse through.

So when I recently gave thoughts to completely moving to emacs, I couldn't find anything as good as Nerdtree. I did find dirtree but it didn't seem as easy to use as nerdtree. This made me wonder, how do most emacs users navigate through huge projects? Is there some common practice or some plugin that I haven't heard of yet? Also I use both vim and emacs from the terminal and not the GUI client.

Thanks.
- AR.