I am so far unable to find a recipe without including org-mode in the mix. An org-mode recipe is quite simple: Create a new org-mode file. M-x org-indent-mode M-x visual-line-mode Insert text below, replacing the image name with a large image of your choosing (wider than the standard frame width), placed in the same directory as your org file M-x org-display-inline-images Move point down towards the image Emacs hangs +++ * Image [[./image.png]] > On Dec 3, 2023, at 10:27 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> From: JD Smith >> Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 16:25:01 -0500 >> Cc: 67533@debbugs.gnu.org >> >> I’m sorry to report that this fix seems to have introduced a hard lockup in org-display-inline-images, >> when displaying images in an org file with larger images. >> >> I just confirmed by reverting to the state just before your patch was applied to master. It may have >> something to do with the final large image fix. > > Please provide a recipe to reproduce these lockups. > > Thanks.