all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gateway between bug-gnu-emacs mailing list and gnu.emacs.bug newsgroup seems broken
@ 2007-09-09 23:47 Joe Wells
From: Joe Wells @ 2007-09-09 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

gnu.emacs.bug USENET newsgroup seems to be broken.

In the recent thread on “frames vs. weak hash tables and garbage
collection”, although my first two messages were sent by e-mail to
bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, my subsequent replies to some messages from
Thien-Thi Nguyen were sent via the gnu.emacs.bug USENET newsgroup.  I
did this because Thien-Thi's replies didn't reach me by e-mail.  I am
guessing that Thien-Thi reads the newsgroup instead of the mailing
list.

I can tell that my newsgroup postings successfully reach the newsgroup
because Thien-Thi replied to them.  However, the newsgroup postings do
not show up in any of the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list archives.  I sent
4 messages total, and only the first 2 which were sent by e-mail show
up; the last 2 which were sent by newsgroup are missing from the
mailing list archives.

So I think the gateway is broken, and some (or maybe all) postings to
the newsgroup are not being forwarded to the mailing list.

Can someone please investigate?

Joe

* Re: gateway between bug-gnu-emacs mailing list and gnu.emacs.bug newsgroup seems broken
       [not found] <mailman.598.1189381640.18990.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-09-10  0:08 ` Joe Wells
From: Joe Wells @ 2007-09-10  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-bug

Joe Wells <jbw@macs.hw.ac.uk> writes:

    > gnu.emacs.bug USENET newsgroup seems to be broken.

Never mind.  I think I know why my postings were not showing up in the
archives.  My ancient newsreader was adding "X-no-archive: yes" to my
postings.  Please ignore.

--
Joe

@ 2007-11-03 14:20 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2007-11-03 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Wells; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

() Joe Wells <jbw@macs.hw.ac.uk>
() Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:47:14 +0100

   I am guessing that Thien-Thi reads the newsgroup
   instead of the mailing list.

i subscribe to the mailing list, but have poor understanding
of gnutls + exim4 + gnus + cvs emacs, when taken together (and
what's worse, not enough patience to thoroughly test changes)
so it is likely i've locally misconfigured something(s).
[insert lament about general state of non-emacs documentation
and the lyfe so short, here.]

have the issues you raised been resolved?

thi