On Fri, 9 May 2008 15:56:16 -0700 (PDT) Paulo Matos wrote: PM> On May 7, 3:05 pm, Ted Zlatanov wrote: >> On Tue, 6 May 2008 11:55:30 -0700 (PDT) Paulo Matos wrote: >> PM> Hello all, PM> I have added a couple of rss feeds to gnus the last time and now I PM> get: PM> Contacting host:www.techradar.com:80 PM> nnrss-normalize-date: Specified time is not representable >> PM> And then Gnus doesn't start. This is really annoying. What can I do to PM> either remove the feed or solve the issue? I need my Gnus back... >> >> Can you provide the backtrace (do M-x toggle-debug-on-error) and the >> address of the RSS feed, plus the specific contents if possible (in case >> they go away meanwhile)? >> >> Ted PM> Here's the trace: PM> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Specified time is not PM> representable") PM> encode-time(0 0 0 1 1 2095) PM> nnrss-normalize-date("1209546525") PM> nnrss-check-group("All Gaming Feeds" "") PM> nnrss-request-group("All Gaming Feeds" "" nil) PM> gnus-activate-group("nnrss:All Gaming Feeds" scan) PM> gnus-get-unread-articles(nil) PM> gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil) PM> byte-code("¬Ñ Hm, the docstring for nnrss-normalize-date says: "Return a date string of DATE in the RFC822 style. This function handles the ISO 8601 date format described in , and also the RFC822 style which RSS 2.0 allows." but what you show is a Unix time stamp, which is not one of those styles. I checked RFC822 and a Unix time stamp is not allowed. It shouldn't break nnrss, though, and we may as well give correct data instead of complaining. The attached patch will let nnrss-normalize-date do the right thing with that header, please try it and let me know if it works. Perhaps it should just call timezone-parse-* functions instead of rolling its own, though. Emacs developers: should timezone-parse-* in timezone.el also handle Unix time stamps? I think it makes sense to add that format. The docs say it's not currently supported. Ted