Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Joseph Mingrone Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:10:49 -0300 >> After starting an Emacs daemon, everything works as expected, but after some >> time (or event I'm unaware of), trying to open a file from a shell gives an >> error. >> % emacsclient some_file Waiting for Emacs... *ERROR*: Wrong type argument: >> stringp, nil > Please try to figure out which Emacs function signals this error. I managed to trigger the issue again today. I tried instrumenting various functions in server.el and was able to enter the function server-add-client before the error was displayed at the terminal. I know the error occurs somewhere inside the add-to-list call, but I foolishly killed the frame before I was clear on the exact error. After closing the frame, the debugger wouldn't stop in server-add-client. Andrés Ramírez writes: > Does 'emacsclient -c -t' works for You? Same error. Another issue (or my misunderstanding)... % emacs -Q --daemon (setq server-log t) % emacsclient -nc some_file.txt No matter what client/server activity I try, no *server* buffer is created. Instrumenting server-log shows that the function is being called and the (when server-log... is true. I'll write more when I know more. Joseph