Óscar Fuentes writes: > Joseph Mingrone writes: >> I am seeing even more aggressive memory usage with recent master branch >> commits (at least I think this only started in the last month or so). >> Here is a screenshot that shows over 3 GB of >> RSS. https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs_memory.png >> This was running commit 06726f6 from today on 12.0-RELEASE-p8. I run >> Gnus, erc, look at an occasional PDF and edit text. I haven't visited >> any extremely large buffers recently. Garbage collection is happening, >> but it does not seem to help. But, when I call `garbage-collect' >> manually there will be a long pause if I haven't called it recently, >> then the memory will usually go down to something between 100 and 400 >> MB. > Do the garbage collection, take note of the used memory, visit one of > those PDF files (preferably one with large, complex & colorful images) > move around for several pages and see if emacs' memory usage grows. It went from 440 to about 500 MB. This was a book with 1200 pages and the PDF was about 3 MB.