all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs modes who are only for fun
@ 2024-07-23  3:53 Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2024-07-23  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hello,

In the terminal, we have some commands who are only for fun. Like
cbonsai, cmatrix or pipes.sh.

Do we have modes in Emacs that have the same purpose ?

Like a mode that display a cat clock in ascii art, or any non useful but
fun to watch ascii art ?

Best regards

-------
Gendre Sébastien

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Emacs modes who are only for fun
@ 2024-07-23  4:07 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2024-07-23  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Gendre; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Sébastien Gendre <seb@k-7.ch> writes:

> In the terminal, we have some commands who are only for
> fun. Like cbonsai, cmatrix or pipes.sh.
>
> Do we have modes in Emacs that have the same purpose ?
>
> Like a mode that display a cat clock in ascii art, or any non
> useful but fun to watch ascii art ?

Info node

(emacs) Amusements

That kind of thing?

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: Emacs modes who are only for fun
@ 2024-07-23  6:01   ` Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2024-07-23  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

It's a good start. But I was not necessary thinking about games. More
about animated ascii art, like cbonsai or cmatrix.

Do you know any other, available as package to install ?

About the games listed in Info node (emacs) Amusements, I do not get
tetris and pong. Have they been removed ?

@ 2024-07-23  7:02     ` PierGianLuca
From: PierGianLuca @ 2024-07-23  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Gendre; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Nyan mode (from Melpa) is an example:

https://github.com/TeMPOraL/nyan-mode

although it also has some scrolling functionality. I'm sure there are many more examples on the various package archives.

Cheers,
Luca